¾ cup (180ml) vegetable oil
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup (280g) thick natural yoghurt
1¾ cups (385g) caster (superfine) sugar
2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
FOR THE LEMON FROSTING
¾ cup (120g) granulated sugar
¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the oil, eggs, rind, lemon juice, yoghurt and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Sift over the flour, and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 24cm fluted ring tin and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. (Mine needed 10 minutes more…)
- While the cake is still hot remove from the tin and place on a plate.
- To make the lemon frosting, gently stir together the sugar and lemon juice.
- Spoon over the cake and allow to set. Serve warm.
TIP! For a beautiful bundt – make sure the bundt tin is really well-greased and lightly flour the tin before pouring the mixture in.
Reference: Fast, Fresh, Simple Donna Hay