Fresh herbs, thyme or parsley
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1-2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
½ medium onion
100g carrot, cut in rings
400g-500g apricot nectar
400g-500g chicken thigh fillets, cubed
1 tablespoon THERMOMIX Vegetable Stock Concentrate
300g Arborio Rice
Salt and pepper to taste
50g frozen peas
- Place fresh herbs, garlic, ginger and onion into TM bowl. Chop for 5-7 seconds on speed 7.
- Add oil and sauté for 2 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Add carrots and capsicum. Chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.
- Insert Butterfly. Add chicken and 50g nectar. Cook for 2 minutes at 100C on Reverse + speed soft.
- Add remaining nectar, water, stock, rice, salt and pepper . Cook for 17 minutes at 100C on Reverse + speed soft.
- 6. Add peas 2 minutes before the end of cooking time. Pour into Thermoserver or insultated serving bowl and allow to rest for up to 10 minutes. This helps with the continued absorption of the rice.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 21 minutes
TIP! Don’t use more chicken or vegetables than suggested as the machine is already working to it’s full capacity. Don’t overload your Thermie!
Reference: Everyday Cooking… For Every Family Thermomix