Yum! Healthy and delicious!
100g butter at room temperature
50g mashed ripe banana
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g light soft brown sugar
½ teaspoon grated orange zest
100g wholemeal flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
100g rolled oats
25g desiccated coconut
75g chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until well blended and smooth.
- Gradually beat in the banana, vanilla extract and egg. Add the zest. Mix well with a wooden spoon until thoroughly blended.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, oats, coconut, and chocolate chips. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix thoroughly until a thick dough is formed.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Drop heaped tablespoons onto the sheet, leaving a 5cm space around each one, and press down lightly. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes