Serves 4 (low iodine, easily halved)
We are huge fans of mashed potato in this house. In fact, the promise of a never ending supply of restaurant quality mashed potato was what finally persuaded my husband that a Thermomix was a really good investment!
This colourful, healthy vegetable side is a delicious low GI, low fat, low iodine and hi-fibre alternative to regular mash. That means it’s good for you and it tastes good too. Plus it adds a delicious pop of colour to your dinner plate!
This side is super easy to make on the stove and it’s super easy to make in the Thermomix too. When I make it in the Thermomix, I like to cook the veggies in the simmering basket but the compromise is that I have to halve the ingredients because there’s only so much I can squeeze in!
500g carrots, peeled and chopped (250g if using Thermomix)
500g sweet potato, peeled and chopped (350g if using Thermomix)
1 tablespoon olive oil
How to – Traditional
- Put carrots and sweet potato in a pan of salted water and boil for about 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Drain well and mash with olive oil. Season to taste.
How to – Thermomix
- Add 500g water to TM bowl.
- Add 250g chopped carrots and 350g chopped sweet potato in to simmering basket. Insert into TM bowl and cook for 17 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 2.
- When veggies are ready, remove simmering basket, drain water and return veggies to bowl with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Season well. Chop for 5 seconds on speed 4. Insert butterfly and whip for 30 seconds on speed 4.