Makes 9 frittatas
A while back I asked my facebook peeps what to feed a baby shower mumma with gestational diabetes. I asked and the people of Facebook answered. I was inundated with ideas, all of them suitable and all of them delicious. Anyways, mini frittatas was one of the top picks and that’s how these babies were born. They’re super healthy, super yummy and can be made from start to finish in less than half an hour. They’re delicious eaten hot or cold and can be enjoyed whether you’re expecting or not. Needless to say, they were a big hit at the baby shower, especially with GD Mumma! And because sharing is caring, here’s the Thermomix AND the conventional recipe!
6 large eggs
1/2 red onion
1/2 large tomato
30g baby spinach leaves
30g pitted kalamata olives
How to – Thermomix
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease 10 holes of a 12 hole silicone muffin pan.
2. Add the tomato and onion to the TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 4.
3. Add the olives and spinach. Chop on speed 4 but look through the lid, you want chopped spinach not spinach pulp! This should take no more than 1-2 seconds.
4. Add the eggs, season with salt and pepper and mix on reverse speed 4 for 10 seconds.
5. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to transfer the mixture to the muffin tray or just fill each muffin hole 3/4 full. Don’t overfill otherwise your frittatas will burst forth and it won’t be pretty!
6. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, until just set.
7. Cool in muffin pan on a wire rack before removing.
>How to – conventional method
1. Finely chop the onion, tomatoes, olives and spinach.
2. In a medium bowl beat the eggs and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Add all the other ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to transfer the mixture to the muffin tray or just fill each muffin hole 3/4 full. Don’t overfill otherwise your frittatas will burst forth and it won’t be pretty!
5. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, until just set.
6. Cool in muffin pans on a wire rack before removing.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
TIP! Try a variety of veggies and adding some fresh herbs for added nom!