175g butter, softened and chopped
1cup (175g) brown sugar
½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup mashed banana
2 cups (300g) self-raising flour, sifted
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ cups (375 ml) single (pouring) cream
¾ cup (135g) brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 170C (325 F).
- To make the pudding, place the butter, sugars, cinnamon, banana, eggs, flour and baking powder in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium speed for 1 minute or until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 28cm x 8cm loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- To make the caramel sauce, place the cream and brown sugar in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice the pudding and pour over the warm sauce. Yum!
Reference: Fast, Fresh, Simple, Donna Hay