Healthy and full of flavour, these veggies are steamed and then drizzled with a delicious dressing. They’re quick, easy and totally tasty!
This recipe is as quick and easy as it is versatile, you can use whatever veggies you have to hand, I just choose the ones that need the least preparation!
The dressing is super easy to throw together and is both healthy and delicious. That little chilli really packs a punch so feel free to give it a miss if you don’t like the heat!
In an effort to be more minimalist, I got rid of my steamer when I got my Thermomix so naturally, I’ve added a Thermomix conversion to this recipe.
These veggies go great with any protein and maybe even some rice to soak up all those delicious juices!
Are you a minimalist? Do you like hot chillis too?
FOR THE DRESSING
1cm fresh piece ginger (5g), grated
1 fresh small red Thai chilli, chopped finely (optional)
1 spring onion, chopped finely
2 tablespoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon sesame oil
FOR THE VEGGIES
150g broccolini, cut into 5cm lengths
1 medium red capsicum (200g) sliced thickly
200g snow peas, trimmed
How to – Traditional
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook broccolini, capsicum and carrot in large baking-paper lined steamer, over large saucepan of simmering water for 3 minutes. Add snow peas; cook about 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve veggies drizzled with dressing.
How to – Thermomix
- Add ginger, chilli and spring onion to TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil and mix for 5 seconds on speed 2. Set aside.
- Rinse out bowl and carefully fill with 1000g boiling water.
- Place Varoma dish into position and weigh in the veggies, spreading them out on the Varoma dish and tray. Secure the lid and steam for 5 minutes on Varoma speed 2.
- Remove Varoma lid and stir veggies with spatula. Replace the Varoma lid and cook for another 4-5 minutes on Varoma speed 2 or until just tender.
- Transfer to serving bowl and toss with dressing before serving.
Prep time and Cooking time: 15 minutes