¼ cup(60ml) olive oil
6 x 200g white fish fillets, skin on
1 small (100g) red onion, chopped finely
2 (340g) chorizo sausages, chopped coarsely
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
440g cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
200g baby spinach
125g butter, softened
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (180C fan-forced).
- MUSTARD BUTTER: Beat butter in a small bowl with electric mixer until soft. Beat in remaining ingredients; season to taste. From mixture into a log, roll in plastic wrap; refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan; cook fish, skin-side down, in batches, until skin is crisp. Transfer fish, skin-side up, to a foil-lined oven tray; roast for 6 minutes or until fish is cooked as desired. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil; stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in same cleaned large pan; cook onion over medium heat, stirring until soft. Add chorizo; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in tomato and beans. Reduce heat; cook about 2 minutes or until beans are heated through. Stir in spinach; season to taste.
- Serve bean mixture topped with fish and a slice of mustard butter.
Prep and cooking time: 40 minutes (plus refrigeration time)
TIP! You can tell fish is cooked by checking to see if the flesh is flaking away from the skin. A 180g to 200g fish portion should take about 6 minutes to cook, plus 5 minutes resting when cooked in this style.
Reference: The Australian Women’s Weekly Christmas and Holiday Entertaining 2010/11