35g (1 ounce) packaged taco seasoning mix
1 fresh small red thai (serrano) chilli, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
1.6kg whole chicken
- Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan forced.
- Combine seasoning, chilli and juice in medium bowl; refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Season cavity of chicken; rub skin all over with seasoning mixture. Tie chicken legs together with kitchen string.
- Half fill a large baking dish with water; place chicken on oiled wire rack over dish. Roast 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 180 C/ 160 C fan forced; roast chicken about 1 hour or until cooked.
- Remove chicken from rack; cover, stand 20 minutes before serving.
Prep and Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes (+ standing)
Reference: The Australian Women’s Weekly Just Four Ingredients For Friends