I love this Curtis Stone recipe which he says is, “light, refreshing and will pair well with any meal, and I wholeheartedly agree!
700g snow peas, ends trimmed
700g asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 3 ½ cm pieces
1 shallot, cut into thin rings
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint
Mint sprigs for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Working in batches, cook the snow peas in the boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender but still crisp. Remove immediately and submerge in ice water. Once cooled, drain snow peas and place on tray lined with paper towels.
- Repeat the same process with the asparagus.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk the vinegar and honey. Slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking. Add the shallots and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the snow peas and asparagus and toss to coat, then add chopped mint and mix well.
- Place salad onto a platter, garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Reference: Coles Christmas Recipes Curtis Stone