4 tablespoons marmalade
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
8 boneless chicken thighs, skin on
1 lemon, thinly sliced
flat leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
FOR THE COUSCOUS
1 ½ cups (250g) instant couscous
1 ½ cups (310ml) boiling water
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large mango, peeled, flesh chopped
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
salad greens, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, combine the marmalade, mustard and olive oil. Score the skin of each chicken thigh a couple of times, add to the marinade and stir to coat. Marinate for at least half an hour.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour over any remaining marinade. Add the lemon slices in and around the meat. Cover loosely with foil, cook for 20 minutes and then remove the foil and baste the chicken in the juices.
- Return the chicken to the oven for another 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Add parsley to garnish.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the couscous. Combine the couscous and water in a large heatproof bowl, cover; stand about 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed, fluffing with fork occasionally. Add oil and cumin; toss gently to combine. Stir through the mango pieces and half the spring onion.
- Spoon cous cous into serving bowls. Top with chicken and sprinkle over remaining onion. Serve with salad greens.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes
TIP! This is a great way to use up the last of the marmalade in a jar. Add a tablespoon of hot water and shake to get every last sweet and juicy drop!