1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium brown onion , chopped finely
500g chicken mince
3-4 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
375 ml taco sauce (or 1 store bought bottle taco sauce)
1/2 cup (125ml) water
10 stand ‘n’ stuff taco shells
1 cup finely shredded iceberg lettuce
1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
125g (4 ounces) cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup coarsely grated cheddar cheese
1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add onion and cook, stirring, until softened.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring until browned.
- Add Mexican spices and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add half the taco sauce and the water; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat taco shells in oven following packet instructions.
- Divide mixture into shells; top with lettuce, carrot, cheese and remaining sauce. Serve topped with sour cream.
Prep and cooking time: 25 minutes
TIP! If like me, you like it hot, then serve some pickled jalapenos with the tacos!