Pumpkin soup is my all time favourite and this Thermomix version is one of my favourites. It’s slightly spicy with a really creamy consistency even though it’s low fat and dairy free!
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1 tablespoon olive oil
500g pumpkin, peeled and roughly cubed (if using soft skin pumpkin, there is no need to peel)
2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate)
1 large green chilli, chopped in half
2cm square fresh ginger, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons fresh coriander
Pinch of salt
Sour cream, optional
- Place onion, chilli, ginger and corinader into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7.
- Add butter or oil and sauté for 3 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Add pumpkin and carrot. Chop for 15 seconds on speed 7.
- Add stock and water and cook for 20 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds by slowly going from speed 1 to speed 9.
- Serve the soup solo, or garnished with a dollop of sour cream.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 24 minutes
TIP! Adjust the amount of water to acquire your preferred consistency. This recipe makes a really thick and creamy soup.