I had a craving for a good old fashioned soup-er bowl of leek and potato goodness so I went back through the archives, stumbled upon this recipe and gave it a bit of a revamp. It’s still as good as it was, only better. Thick, creamy and full of yum! If you’re looking for a non-Thermomix version try this.
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1 garlic clove
2 large leeks, white part only
700g potatoes, peeled and cubed
700g water plus 2 tablespoons TM vegetable stock concentrate
Freshly milled black pepper
- Place onion, garlic and leeks into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down lid and sides.
- Add butter and sauté for 3 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 20 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Season well with black pepper.
- Blend to desired consistency by slowly going from speed 1 to speed 8 for 30 seconds.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes