All good things come in small sizes and these madelines are no exception. If you can get your hands on a baby madeline tray, you too can enjoy a taste of Orange – wherever you may be! Thanks, Simonn for sharing the recipe!
115g unsalted butter
55g sifted flour
55g almond meal
3 egg whites
1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Brown butter slightly without burning it, set aside and cool.
- Mix sugar, flour & almonds.
- Beat whites to soft peaks.
- Fold whites into the dry sugar/flour mix.
- Stir in the honey and brown butter.
- Spray the mould properly with real ease spray or butter and flour the mould for the old fashioned approach.
- Put the batter into the Madeline tin.
- Bake for about 5-10 minutes. You will know when they’re cooked when they puff up and brown slightly around the edges. Make sure you spray the mould properly with real ease spray or butter and flour the mould for the old fashioned approach.
Prep and Cooking Time: 30 minutes
TIP! Sim says you can make many variations by drizzling whatever flavoured syrup over the madelines when they are cooling on a rack or just add any cirtus zest into the mix before you bake them (use a microplane zester for the best results.)
Reference: Simonn Hawke, Chef, Lolli Redini