Serves 3 generously
I eat this soup when I’m back on the Weight Watchers train, and I eat it even when I’m not, because it’s that easy and that delicious. In fact, it’s one of my favourite and healthiest soup recipes of all time. Big call, I know!
I was pretty excited to be able to adapt the recipe to make it Thermomix-friendly. Now I can make it in minutes with minimum mess! Best of all, if you’re weight watching, it’s only 1 ProPoint! If you don’t have a Thermomix, don’t worry, it’s simple to make on the stove too, here’s how.
Oh and best of all, if you’re counting Smart Points, this soup is just two!
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1 tablespoon olive oil
550g pumpkin, peeled and roughly cubed (if using soft skin pumpkin, there is no need to peel)
2 carrots, washed and roughly chopped
500g chicken stock (or water with 1 tablespoon Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon chilli powder
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place onion into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7.
- Add oil and sauté for 2 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Add spices to bowl and cook for 1 minute at 100C on speed 1 to release the flavours.
- Add pumpkin and carrot. Chop for 10 seconds on speed 7.
- Add stock and salt and cook for 20 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Blend for 20-30 seconds by slowly going from speed 1 to speed 9.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 24 minutes
TIP! You can adjust the amount of water to acquire your preferred consistency.