This is another delicious recipe from the font of knowledge that is the Thermomix Recipe Community. The fennel and the almond complement each other perfectly making a tasty, thick and really delicious soup. The soup is great on it’s own, but feel free to grate parmesan on top with wild abandon!
2 – 4 level teaspoons fennel seeds
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, quartered
3 cloves garlic
2 fennel bulbs, chopped into wedges
75g almond meal
2 tablespoons Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate
Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place fennel seeds into TM bowl and roast for 10 minutes on speed 1.
- Add onion, garlic and fennel. Chop for 3 seconds on speed 5.
- Add tablespoon of oil. Cook for 10 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Add almond meal, stock and water and cook for 15 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Allow soup to cool for a few minutes
- Blend for 1 minute by slowly going from speed 1 to speed 10.
- Serve and sprinkle with grated parmesan, if desired.
Prep time: 3 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes