Makes 24 (+ 24)
Bake a double batch of this dark ‘n’ delicious shortbread so that there’s always some ready and waiting when you want to indulge! If you want to whip these up in your Thermomix, you can find the conversion here.
2 2/3 cups (400g) plain flour
1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
350g butter, at room temperature
1 cup (190g) combination of milk and dark choc bits
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Using your fingertips rub in butter. Add choc bits.
- Using hands, bring mixture together to form a dough and turn out onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Divide the dough into four equal portions. Shape each portion into a log 5cm in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and twist the ends to secure. Put into the fridge for 1 hour.
- Freeze two logs.
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160 fan. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Cut the two remaining logs into 1cm-thick slices. Place on prepared trays 3cm apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly coloured.
- Remove from the oven and cool on trays. Serve, or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Chill: 1 hour Cooking time: 10 minutes
TO FREEZE Label and date and freeze wrapped dough logs for up to 3 months.
HOW TO COOK Thaw logs at room temperature for 10 minutes so they are easy to cut, but still hold their shape . Continue recipe from step 2.