I love that this uses so many “raw” ingredients that are milled to perfection in the trusty thermie! The result is deliciously, dare I say it, moist and with a beautiful orange tang. It’s not to be missed!
2 oranges, unpeeled and quartered
110g raw almonds
150g self raising flour
220g raw sugar
125g butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fan-forced.
- Grease a bundt tin liberally with oil or melted butter. Dust with flour and shake off the excess.
- Put the almonds into the TM bowl and mill for 14 seconds on speed 9. Remove the almonds and set aside.
- Grind the raw sugar into caster sugar for 5 seconds on speed 9. Remove and set aside with ground almonds.
- Wash oranges and cut them into quarters. Put the oranges in TM bowl and chop for 8 seconds on speed 9.
- Add all the remaining ingredients – sugar, butter, eggs, flour and almond meal. Mix for 8 – 12 seconds on speed 7.
- Pour the mixture into prepared tin and bake for approximately 1 hour or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin for at least 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Prep and cooking time: 1 hour 5 minutes
TIP! I leave the oranges unpeeled, but cut the knobbly, gnarly bits off the end.