Cuts into 10 slices
This is one of my favourites from the Thermomix Recipe Community and it’s probably the fastest cake to make in the world! In fact, it took me longer to prepare the tin than to prepare the batter! I heart this cake so much!
1 whole orange, quartered
225g butter, chopped
300g self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Lightly grease and line the base of 20cm springform tin with baking paper.
- Place orange and butter in TM bowl and mix for 7 seconds on speed 8. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add butter, eggs, sugar and flour and mix for 20 seconds on reverse on speed 4.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 50-60 minutes. It’s ready when a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Prep time: 30 seconds Cooking time: 50-60 minutes
TIP! Jaffa this cake up with some chocolate icing.
This recipe also will also yield 12 muffins. Cook muffins for about 20 minutes. Throw caution to the wind and add some chocolate chips while you’re at it!