Makes 20 (depending on size of your cutters)
Quick, simple, egg free – and they keep in the cookie jar for up to a week! Go crazy with your favourite cookie cutters! If you haven’t got a Thermomix, don’t worry, be happy! Just check out the regular recipe here.
125g unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1/3 cup (50g) rice flour
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Put all the ingredients into the TM bowl and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 10.
- Set the dial to the closed lid position and knead on interval speed for 20 seconds.
- Tip the mixture onto a sheet of baking paper. Don’t worry if it’s a bit crumbly, just bring it together into a ball with lightly floured hands. If the weather is really warm, you can wrap the dough in plastic wrap and pop it into the fridge for about 30 minutes so that it’s easier to work with.
- Roll dough between two sheets of baking paper until about 5mm thick. Cut out biscuits with your preferred cutter. (The bigger the cutter, the less biscuits you will have!)
- Place cookies on prepared trays. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Keep an eye on the biscuits while baking, because they brown really quickly.
- Cool on trays. Serve dusted with icing sugar, if you like.
Preparation Time: 3 minutes Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
TIP! Why not mill your own rice flour in the Thermomix? Use brown rice for a homemade healthy option.
Converted from: Australian BBC Good Food Magazine May 2012