Can you believe this is the first Jamie Oliver recipe I’ve ever tried? I love a one tray dinner, especially when I’m entertaining as it means more time with guests and less time in the kitchen. The flavours are fabulous and as Jamie says they’re a “choice combination.”
200g green beans
20 small cherry tomatoes
1-2 good handfuls of black olives
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 x 225g thick salmon fillet steaks, with or without skin
1 handful of fresh basil
12 anchovy fillets
- Trim the green beans, blanch them until tender in salted, boiling water and then drain. Put the beans in a bowl with tomatoes and olives. Add the olive oil and salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Give the salmon fillets a quick wash under the tap and gently pat dry with kitchen paper. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon on both sides of the fish. Season both sides of the fish and drizzle a little bit of olive oil on the top.
- Preheat the oven and a roasting tray at the highest temperature (that’s about 200C in my fan-forced oven.)
- Put the salmon fillets at one end of the roasting tray. Throw the basil into the beans, olives and tomatoes and place the mixture at the other end of the tray. Lay the anchovies over the beans.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove and serve with lemon quarters.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes
Reference: The Naked Chef Jamie Oliver