We’ve only just got back from Bali and we want our curry in a hurry. This ticks all the boxes it’s cheap, it’s cheerful and it’s so simple to throw together. Ah, there’s no taste like home!
2 tablespoons mild curry paste (I like to use Korma)
1 onion, chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
250g baby leaf spinach
Squeeze lemon juice
Basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the curry paste in a large non-stick frying pan. Once it starts to split and smell fragrant, add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes to soften.
- Tip in the tomatoes and let it bubble away for 5 minutes or until the sauce has reduced.
- Add the chickpeas and some seasoning, then cook for 1 more minute.
- Take pan off the heat, then tip in the spinach and stir through to wilt the leaves.
- Season, add the lemon juice, and serve with basmati rice.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes