Makes 24 servings
David is the ultimate Breakfast Skipper. He will happily eat a cooked breakfast at the weekend but on weekdays he won’t even think about brekkie, let alone eat it. We first got into Granola when the visitors came at Christmas. This is Hev’s breakfast of choice and it’s now our best brekkie too. The bonus of this home made brekkie is that it’s packed with goodness and it’s way cheaper and tastier than the shop bought stuff. Best of all, now David eats breakfast every day. Yes, it’s that good! Delicious served with fresh fruit and yoghurt.
70g coconut oil
90g organic maple syrup
90g raw honey
270g rolled oats
50g unsweetened shredded coconut
30g chia seeds
30g sesame seeds
30g sunflower seeds
70g raw cashews
70g dried cranberries
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan160C. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Place the coconut oil, honey and maple syrup into the TM bowl and heat for 2 minutes at 90C on speed 2.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for 20-30 seconds on reverse speed 3 using the spatula to assist.
- Spread the mixture evenly over one of the prepared baking trays.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Check and mix the granola during cooking every 5 minutes.
- When it’s ready, remove from the oven and transfer the Granola to the unused tray to cool. This will stop the cooking process.
- Serve with yoghurt and fruit for an uber-yum breakfast!
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
TIP! The Granola will keep for up to two weeks in a sealed container.