Cuts into 16 squares
This chocolate coconut slice is so nice. It’s super yummy, super easy and egg-free! I converted it to the Thermomix from the Queensland Flood Relief book A Generous Helping, which is one of my most loved recipe collections. I hope you love this slice as much as we do! If you want to whip this up with an old fashioned bowl and spoon, it’s easy! Find the recipe here.
150g self – raising flour
55g raw sugar
45g desiccated coconut
125g raw sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
90g desiccated coconut
1-2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 C (160 C fan-forced.) Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
2. Place 55g raw sugar into TM bowl and mill to caster sugar for 3 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
3. Place 125g raw sugar into TM bowl and mill to icing sugar for 10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside in another bowl.
4. Melt the butter for 3 minutes 60 degrees on speed 2. Check that the butter is melted. Add the remainder of the base ingredients, including the caster sugar.
5. Mix for 5 seconds on speed 4. Transfer the mixture to the tin and press it down using the back of a spoon. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. For the topping, melt the 75g butter for 2 mintues 60 degrees on speed 2.
7. Add the remainder of the topping ingredients. Mix for 5 seconds on speed 4. Check the mixture is combined, if necessary mix for another 5 seconds on speed 4.
8. As soon as the base comes out of the oven, spread the topping over it. Allow to cool, then put in the fridge for 1 hour.
9. Cut the slice into squares and enjoy!