Love me a frittata that I can throw in the oven and this one is full of my favourite things. It makes a lovely lunch, it’s a delicious dinner and it’s also perfect for picnics. As a bonus, we’ve discovered it tastes equally delicious hot or cold.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, finely sliced
300g cherry tomatoes
100g baby spinach leaves
100g feta cheese
50g olives (optional)
6 eggs, beaten
salad and crusty bread to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease a 30×20 rectangular baking tin.
- Place tomatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper and drizzle with olive oil and season well. Cook for 5-10 minutes until softened. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion for 5-6 minutes until softened and a little golden. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Transfer the spinach and onion mixture to the baking dish. Sprinkle over the feta. Carefully place the tomatoes in the dish and top with olives.
- Season the eggs (add some chilli flakes for a bit of an extra kick) and beat well. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and cheese. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and set.
- Serve with crusty bread and salad.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 35 minutes
TIP: If you don’t have the appropriate sized baking tin, any ovenproof dish will do. I used my large square baking dish for a fuller frittata.