Serves 2 very generously
This is the ultimate comfort food. Lightly spicy and with a rich, creamy texture – yet, it’s dairy free! A low GI, hi-fibre soup-er-bowl! If you don’t have a Thermomix, click here for Soup Express in a pan!
1 onion, quartered
20g olive oil
250g butternut pumpkin, peeled and roughly cubed
250g sweet potato, peeled and roughly cubed
550 – 600g chicken stock (or water with 1 1/2 tablespoons Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon mace or nutmeg
Freshly ground pepper
4 teaspoons buttermilk or a dollop of sour cream, optional
- Place onion into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5.
- Add oil and sauté for 2 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Add spices to bowl and cook for 1 minute at 100C on speed 1 to release the flavours.
- Add pumpkin and sweet potato. Chop for 15 seconds on speed 7.
- Add stock and cook for 20 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds by slowly going from speed 1 to speed 9.
- Pour the blended soup into bowls. Garnish with some swirls of buttermilk or a dollop of sour cream if you like.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 24 minutes
TIP! Adjust the amount of water to acquire your preferred consistency.