Bruna brought these delicious sweet treats to our International Food Fest! It’s a traditional Brazilian sweet treat and usually served at parties. Bruna served her Brigadeiro in a dish and we all dived in, but traditionally these chocolatey treats are served as bite sized balls. Check out how to make beautiful Brigadeiros in the Thermomix here.
3 tablespoons Milo or cocoa
1 tablespoon butter
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
Chocolate sprinkles and/or desiccated coconut to decorate
- Combine cocoa, butter and condensed milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring continuously, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- When the Brigadeiro is at room temperature you can pop it in the fridge where it will keep for 3-4 days.
- Serve as a mousse like dessert (see picture) with some strawberries on the side or go traditional and roll into balls.
TO MAKE BALLS
Spread a little butter in the palm of your hand, drop a dollop of Brigadeiro mixture in your hands and roll into a small, smooth ball. Dip into chocolate sprinkles or coconut to decorate and roll it around until it’s totally covered. For the finishing touch, put the Brigadeiro into a mini cupcake cup.