Makes about 24 cookies
These cookies are chewy and rainbow coloured. They remind me of my M&M Chocolate Chewy Cookies without the chocolate! You can use Smarties, choc chips, nuts, dried fruit or M&Ms, whatever tickles your fancy.
110g raw sugar
110g brown sugar
125g butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
75g white/dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 180C/fan-forced 160C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Mill the raw sugar to caster sugar for 3 seconds on speed 9.
- Add the butter, extract and brown sugar to TM bowl and mix on speed 4 for 1 minute.
- With the blades running on speed 4, add the egg through the hole in the top of the lid. This should take about 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and salt . Set the dial to the closed lid position and knead for 30 seconds on interval speed.
- Add the Smarties and chocolate chips. Mix for 20 seconds on reverse and speed soft. Give the mixture a stir with the spatula.
- Place heaped teaspoons of mixture onto the trays – you’ll get about 24 out of this mix. Make sure they are really well spaced (about 5cm) as the cookies spread as they bake.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes, then lift onto racks and leave to cool completely.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes