While I’m living it large in California, some of my favourite bloggers have generously offered to share their favourite recipes on the blog. Praise be to these lovely ladies for helping me out and sharing the yum!
Today I’m thrilled to introduce you to Shari who blogs at Good Food Week where she shares tales of motherhood, delicious recipes and lots more besides! I’m so pleased she’s here to celebrate Meatless Monday and sharing one of her delicious vegetarian recipes. If you go mad for Mexican, you’re going to love this delicious dish! Over to you, Shari!
“I know that many of you who follow Sammie, read her post about food documentaries. And I for one, have set about making changes in my family’s food intake based on those documentaries.
We had already incorporated a lot of vegetarian meals into our diet, but we are also thinking that we might try veganism for a month – this month, September, so follow me on Instagram or over at www.goodfoodweek.com.au to hear how we’ve been go!
Our household loves these vegetarian enchiladas, and I have served them to many meat loving friends, who don’t even realise that they are in fact vegetarian. So if you’re a little unsure about eliminating meat from you diet, then this is the recipe for you.”
3 small sweet potatoes
1 small carrot
1 medium brown onion
2 cloves of garlic
4 spring onions
1 can of refried beans
1/2 can of chipotle chili
1/2 jar of passata
1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
1 tablespoon of coriander seeds
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 cup of grated cheese
- Add a drizzle of olive oil into two saucepans. Into the first saucepan place half the diced onion, half the crushed garlic and allow to sweat. Into the second saucepan place the remainder of the onion and garlic and the diced carrot.
- Return to the first saucepan and add the cumin, coriander, turmeric and oregano and allow to become fragrant before covering with the passata, chili and a cup of water. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- The second saucepan’s veggies should have sweated down – so now add the chunks of sweet potato and cover with water. Bring to the boil and allow most of the water to cook off and the sweet potato to be able to be mashed with a fork. Add the refried beans to the mix and mash.
- Place two scoops of the sweet potato and bean mixture into a tortilla and fold. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and place in a baking dish. Top the tortillas with all of your enchilada sauce and all of the cheese and then bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180C or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- To serve, top with the sliced spring onions.
Shari is Mummy to ‘Mr Moo’ , the ‘Little Dude’ and ‘Z man’ – GoodFoodWeek is where she shares a collection of recipes, an assortment of motherhood tales and a mixture of memories. GoodFoodWeek started in 2008 as a way of sharing recipes with uni friends and family who were spread near and far. It has evolved over the years to contain her ramblings as she’s searched for a house, planned the perfect veggie patch, stumbled through farmer’s markets with her eyes half open (because you need to be there at 6am to get the fresh eggs), had babies, gathered family and friends around a shared table, laughed out loud and enjoyed life to the fullest!