In January this year I started on my list of 101 things in 1001 days Version 2. 1001 days seemed like such a big window of opportunity when I was all fresh faced and bushy tailed in January but now, almost a third of the way in (316 days, if you’re good at maths and/or counting,) not so much.
However, I haven’t been sitting on my laurels and as you can see I have been crossing off with wild abandon and so far am 30 down, 71 to go . 71 is a big number, but I’m not going to get disheartened because a) that’s not the point of the exercise and b) I still have 685 days remaining!
Updating the list is a good opportunity to celebrate the goals I’ve reached and helps me plan what to do next. As you can see, I’m not a fan of eating the frog, I started the challenge with gusto, checking off all the things I love to do most (namely travelling and eating) and in so doing, I’ve left other parts of my list almost entirely untouched, here’s looking at you learning!
I can’t say with any certainty how much of my list I will tick off by the half way mark in June or indeed by the end of the challenge, but I can say I’ll have had a lot of fun trying, and in the spirit of oversharing will of course, report back on my progress. In the meantime, I’ll be taking the advice of the great Muhammad Ali – I won’t count the days, I’ll make the days count!
ON THE BLOG
- Make an e-book
- Make a video.
Host a weekly link up party.The Ultimate Rabbit Hole (until June 2017)
- Learn how to use Google Analytics.
- Send a newsletter every fortnight for a year.
- Make a new media kit.
- Update profile picture.
- Give the blog a mini makeover.
Publish 100 new blog posts.
- Make an Angel Food Cake.
- Add 10 new salad recipes to my repetoire.
- Make 10 new bubblicious drinks in my SodaStream.
- Be vegetarian for 30 days.
Give up candy for 30 days. January 2017
- Learn to make pierogi.
- Make Lamingtons.
Make my own mince pies.December 2017, here’s the recipe
- Try 10 different juices or smoothies.
- Make maple sugar pie.
- Cook mussels.
Eat shave ice.Matsumoto’s, September 2017
- Dust off sushi maker and learn how to make sushi.
- Make Tiramisu
- Learn to decorate cup cakes.
- Make my own dumplings.
- Make 5 Nigella recipes. 3 ingredient Nutella Brownies, Oven Cooked Chicken Shawarma
- Make a delicious gluten free cake.
- Make a terrine.
- Make a cake from the AWW Birthday cookbook.
RUNNING AND FITNESS
Complete the Disneyland Double Dare challenge.September 2017
- Run three half marathons (including Disneyland.) Disneyland Half Marathon,
Reach a 10,000 step target every day for 1 month. January 2017 Learn to ride a bike.February 2017
Do the 7 Bridges Walk.
- Lose 5kg.
- Try a beginners Yoga Class.
- Do a basic training class.
Participate in a charity run. Neuroblastoma Run2Cure, June 2017
- Be flexible enough to touch my toes.
- Do 20 gym classes in one month.
- Create a new running playlist.
- Start a daily meditation practice.
- Keep the plants alive in the back garden.
Organise the hall closet.January 2017
- Paint the living room.
- Organise the pantry.
- Find a storage solution for the laundry room.
- Sell 5 things on Gumtree.
- Make a home media centre.
- Put all CDs in the media centre.
Part company with DVDs (excluding Paddington.)February 2017
- Organise our wedding photos and make an album.
- Learn how to apply false eyelashes.
- Learn how to do one up-style.
Try something new for 30 days.January 2017
- Get a dog.
Buy myself flowers.January 2017 See a live concert.One Republic, September 2017
red lipstick.October 2017 See a musical.Aladdin, January 2017
- Complete a colouring book.
Get a massage or a facial.Massage at Na Ha’Ola Spa, Waikiki, September 2017
- Read 100 books. In progress
Read a book and then see the movie (or vice versa.)Lion, June 2017
- Watch a movie or TV series with subtitles.
Get new glasses. July 2017
Send 5 thank you letters.October 2017, #makelifegood challenge
- Write my will.
- Inspire someone to do the 101 things in 1001 days challenge.
- Create another 101 things in 1001 days.
- Learn a new word every day for one month.
- Attend a TED talk.
- Learn how to say “hello” and “thank you” in 10 languages.
- Complete 12 units of my Counselling Course.
- Learn how to knit.
- Do a food styling course.
- Visit Santa in Lapland.
- Explore 5 new cities. San Diego,
- Eat at one of the world’s top 100 restaurants.
- Fly business class.
Go to 5 different rooftop bars.Madame Brussels (Melbourne) Rustic Root (San Diego) The Nolen (San Diego) Rooftop 600 at Andaz (San Diego) Tommy Bahama (Waikiki) See 5 big things.Big Wine Bottle, Big Frilled Neck Lizard, Big Kookaburra, Big Sundial, Big Peach (and 5 more)
- Go on a wine tour.
- Swim in an infinity pool.
- Visit a World Heritage site.
Take a train trip in another country.Anaheim to San Diego, September 2017 Eat at a new restaurant in Disneyland.Carthay Circle, September 2017 See a parade at Disneyland.Mickey’s Soundsational Parade, September 2017
- Go to New Zealand.
- Get a stamp in my passport.
See fireworks.Australia Day, 2017 Do a brewery tour.SF on Tap, September 2017
- Get a Sydney Swans season ticket.
- Go fruit picking.
Enjoy high tea at a Sydney venueThe Langham July 2017
- Ride the vernicular at Scenic World, Blue Mountains.
- Visit a farmers market.
- Build a sandcastle.
- Play barefoot bowls.
Go on a picnic.January 2017
- Visit an art gallery/museum I haven’t been to before.
Have you ever done a 101 Things in 1001 Days Challenge? What did you/would you put on your list? Have you done any of the things on mine? If you decide to do a 101 Things in 1001 Days Challenge yourself, let me know because that’s another thing I can cross of my list!
Linking up with Kylie for IBOT