Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash
I’m well over two thirds of the way through my 101 Things in 1001 Days Challenge and this update is a bit overdue. Looking back over this list, I get the feeling that 2018 was a year for sitting on my laurels and that for I’m wondering whether a lifetime would be enough to achieve some of these, never mind about 1001 days.
However, I started the challenge and will finish the challenge even if I don’t cross every single thing off the list (although at this stage of the game, I think that’s a given!) Enthusiasm and good intentions have to count for something though!
ON THE BLOG
- Make an e-book
- Make a video.
Host a weekly link up party.The Ultimate Rabbit Hole (until June 2017) Learn how to use Google Analytics.I’ve done a Bupa Workshop and taken avid notes. Does that count? (July 2018) Send a newsletter every fortnight for a year.Every 2-3 weeks. Timing has never been my strong point.
- Make a new media kit.
- Update profile picture.
- Give the blog a mini makeover.
Publish 100 new blog posts.
Make an Angel Food Cake.July 2018
- Add 10 new salad recipes to my repetoire.
- Make 10 new bubblicious drinks in my SodaStream.
- Be vegetarian for 30 days.
Give up candy for 30 days. January 2017
- Learn to make pierogi.
- Make Lamingtons.
Make my own mince pies.December 2017, here’s the recipe
- Try 10 different juices or smoothies.
- Make maple sugar pie.
- Cook mussels.
Eat shave ice.Matsumoto’s, September 2017 Dust off sushi maker and learn how to make sushi.January 2018
- Make Tiramisu
- Learn to decorate cup cakes.
Make my own dumplings.August 2018 Make 5 Nigella recipes.3 ingredient Nutella Brownies, Oven Cooked Chicken Shawarma, Pork with Prunes, Olives and Capers, Double Chocolate and Pumpkin Seed Cookies and Emergency Brownies
Make a delicious gluten free cake.I made this one
- Make a terrine.
Make a cake from the AWW Birthday cookbook.Swimming Pool Cake and Koala Cake
RUNNING AND FITNESS
Complete the Disneyland Double Dare challenge.September 2017
- Run three half marathons (including Disneyland.) Disneyland Half Marathon,
Reach a 10,000 step target every day for 1 month. January 2017 Learn to ride a bike.February 2017
Do the 7 Bridges Walk.October 2017
- Lose 5kg.
- Try a beginners Yoga Class.
- Do a basic training class.
Participate in a charity run. Neuroblastoma Run2Cure, June 2017
- Be flexible enough to touch my toes.
- Do 20 gym classes in one month.
- Create a new running playlist.
- Start a daily meditation practice.
Keep the plants alive in the back garden.Still going strong January 2019 Organise the hall closet.January 2017
- Paint the living room.
- Organise the pantry.
- Find a storage solution for the laundry room.
- Sell 5 things on Gumtree.
- Make a home media centre.
- Put all CDs in the media centre.
Part company with DVDs (excluding Paddington.)February 2017
- Organise our wedding photos and make an album.
- Learn how to apply false eyelashes.
- Learn how to do one up-style.
Try something new for 30 days.January 2017
- Get a dog.
Buy myself flowers.January 2017 See a live concert.One Republic, September 2017
red lipstick.October 2017 See a musical.Aladdin, January 2017
- Complete a colouring book.
Get a massage or a facial.Massage at Na Ha’Ola Spa, Waikiki, September 2017
- Read 100 books. I’m up to 95!
Read a book and then see the movie (or vice versa.)Lion, June 2017 Watch a movie or TV series with subtitles.The Bridge, A Man Called Ove, April 2018 Get new glasses. July 2017
Send 5 thank you letters.October 2017, #makelifegood challenge Write my will.January 2018 Inspire someone to do the 101 things in 1001 days challenge. Joanne’s list is awesome!
- Create another 101 things in 1001 days.
- Learn a new word every day for one month.
- Attend a TED talk.
- Learn how to say “hello” and “thank you” in 10 languages.
- Complete 12 units of my Counselling Course.
- Learn how to knit.
- Do a food styling course.
- Visit Santa in Lapland.
- Explore 5 new cities. San Diego, Edinburgh
- Eat at one of the world’s top 100 restaurants.
- Fly business class.
Go to 5 different rooftop bars.Madame Brussels (Melbourne) Rustic Root (San Diego) The Nolen (San Diego) Rooftop 600 at Andaz (San Diego) Tommy Bahama (Waikiki) See 5 big things.Big Wine Bottle, Big Frilled Neck Lizard, Big Kookaburra, Big Sundial, Big Peach (and 5 more)
- Go on a wine tour.
- Swim in an infinity pool.
Visit a World Heritage site.The Blue Mountains, July 2018 Take a train trip in another country.Anaheim to San Diego, September 2017 Eat at a new restaurant in Disneyland.Carthay Circle, September 2017 See a parade at Disneyland.Mickey’s Soundsational Parade, September 2017
- Go to New Zealand.
Get a stamp in my passport.Hawaii, US September 2018 See fireworks.Australia Day, 2017 Do a brewery tour.SF on Tap, September 2017
- Get a Sydney Swans season ticket.
- Go fruit picking.
Enjoy high tea at a Sydney venueThe Langham July 2017
Ride the scenic railway at Scenic World, Blue Mountains. July 2018 Visit a farmers market.Kangaroo Valley, February 2018
- Build a sandcastle.
Play barefoot bowls.The Greens, April 2018
Go on a picnic.January 2017 Visit an art gallery/museum I haven’t been to before.Leuralla Toy and Railway Museum, July 2018
Have you ever done a 101 Things in 1001 Days Challenge? If you made a 101 things list, what would be on yours?
Linking up with Denyse for Life This Week