I can’t believe it’s been a 1001 days since I made my 3rd list of 101 things in 1001 Days.
Truth be told, it’s quite a few days more than 1001 days. My time was up on 28 June but as always I am fashionably late! It felt like a hot minute since I last reviewed my list and I’m sad to say, I’ve hardly ticked off anything extra since I last checked in.
I’m a little disappointed that I only ticked off 43 things in 1001 days but that’s not a terrible effort considering we spent a significant amount of 2020 and 2021 in lockdown and for much of that time we could barely leave our surburb, let alone our state or our country.
That being so I’ll give myself a big pat on the back for all the things I did do and graciously overlook all the things I didn’t!
Being a Bookworm
- Do a reading challenge
- Do a Christmas book round up – I actually did 2, this one and this one
- Read 10 memoirs
- Read 10 new (to me) authors – Beth O’Leary, Emma Gannon, Emily Austin, Craig Silvey, Trent Dalton, Kiley Reid, Jennifer Niven, Karen Foxlee, Nina Kenwood, Graeme Simsion
- Ask 10 friends their favourite book and read them
- Re/read all the Harry Potter books
- Go to a book launch/reading
- Email my favourite author – I emailed Mike Gayle and the result was the inaugural interview in Author Corner!
- Read a fiction book with recipes
- Review every book I read on Goodreads (even if it’s just a star rating.)
Let Me Entertain You
- Watch 10 documentaries – My Octopus Teacher, Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich, The Game Changers, Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer, Life in the Dog House, Fyre, Oklahoma, Forensic 911, Abducted in Plain Sight, Social Animals
- Go to the theatre three times – Billy Elliott (Sydney Lyric) Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat (London Palladium) x2 and Frozen (Captiol Theatre)
- Go to a gig
- Go to the filming of a TV show
- Find 5 new podcasts
- See a drive in movie
- See a performance at the Sydney Opera House – Six the Musical
- Make a media kit (3rd time lucky!)
- Give the blog a facelift
- Write a new about me page
- Write a commissioned piece
- Finally write that ebook
- Add recipe cards to the blog
- Update another 30 recipes – I’ve actually lost count but I’m going to give myself the benefit of the doubt! This Slow Cooker Chorizo, Potato and Barramundi One-Pot is one of our all time faves.
I should add that although the blog has been a bit neglected, we did move it over to the new WordPress editor which was quite an achievement although as David did all the hard yakka, I really can’t take the credit for it!
Write It Down
- Organise a power of attorney
- Write my story (even if it’s never published) – decided to scrap this completely!
- Write 10 ‘ just because’ letters – I’m getting there!
- Join Post Crossing
- Write a list of 100 things that make me happy
- Visit Japan
- Go to New Zealand
- Indulge in afternoon tea in another country – afternoon tea to celebrate my mum, how fitting!
- Take a road trip to some place we’ve never been – Merimbula NSW
- Eat my way around Epcot in Disneyworld
- Stay in a Disney hotel
- Enjoy a weekend away with friends – Culburra, NSW and Hunter Valley, NSW
- Visit a winery I’ve never been to – Greenway Wines plus these and these in the Hunter Valley
- Go cherry picking in Young
- Visit another state or territory – Canberra
- Watch the sunset on the beach – Birubi Beach, Port Stephens
- Go to a spa
- Go to a Christmas market
- Have a degustation
- Have a mammogram – yes!
- Get at least one eye test – done!
- Go to the dentist at least once a year – so far, so good!
- Get a massage
- Get a skin check
- Make the perfect scone – Christine’s 3 Ingredient Lemonade Scones
- Make jam
- Make pierogi
- Make lemon posset – Yes! Here’s the recipe!
- Try 10 new recipes for the pie maker (that aren’t pies)
- Recreate a dish that I’ve had in a restaurant – Yes, well from a tea room! These Jammy White Chocolate Blondies!
- Make the ultimate Yorkshire pudding (one you put the dinner inside)
- Make Not Quite Nigella’s Tangzhong Bread
- Play recipe roulette with a cookbook
- Develop 10 new Meatless Monday recipes – Vegan Sundried Tomato Pesto, Black Bean Tacos, Vegetable Harissa Stew with Cheddar Dumplings, Mexican Bean Dip, Bean and Cider Stew with Cheddar and Parsley Mash, Easy Kidney Bean Curry, Tomato and Cheesy Mozzarella Pasta Bake, Easy Potato Curry, Halloumi and Bean Stew (and Dave’s Mixed Bean Salad)
- Make a vegan cake
- Make 5 dog friendly recipes – so far just 2 but these Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits and Turkey and Pumpkin Sticks are an absolute cracker!
- Go to a dog beach – we’ve been to too many too list!
- Find 5 dog friendly cafes – Botanica Garden Cafe, The Grounds of Alexandria, Naked Brew, The Incinerator, Three Blue Ducks
- Go on a dog friendly road trip – we’ve been to the Hunter Valley, Port Stephens, the Sapphire Coast, Newcastle, Canberra and Culburra Beach
- Have a picture taken with Santa – tickety tick!
- Visit all the local dog parks and rate them – I’m ticking this as I’ve visited lots although I’ve rated none!
- Go on a dog friendly holiday – see number 63
- Teach Teddy Roosevelt 10 commands – sit, stay, high five, sit pretty, roll over, play dead, spin, leave it, heel, down
- Have a puppy picnic – yes and also threw a dog birthday party
- Make a puppy birthday cake – not quite but I did make a pupcake station for Teddy’s 1st birthday party!
- Give money to a street performer.
- Support Share the Dignity’s In the Bag campaign -I’ve done this every year so far.
- Make a donation to a charity instead of sending Christmas cards – So far we’ve donated to the Asylum Seekers Centre and Pets of the Homeless.
- Volunteer for an organisation that matters – Lunch ladying at the Asylum Seekers Centre
- Inspire someone else to write a list of 101 Things in 1001 Days.
- Take part in a 10K
- Run a half marathon in Disneyworld
- Do a pilates/stretch class
- Do a basic training class – I’ve done multiple HIIT workouts with Joe Wicks and counting it as a win!
- Go to my local park run – No, but I did go to the one at my mum’s in Lincoln! It was so wet and windy I steamed up my glasses!
Try Something New
- Learn to crochet
- Play along with photo a day – Fat Mum Slim’s Gratitude Challenge August 2021
- Try a new flavour of ice cream – Jammie Dodger gelato, Messina
- See whales or dolphins
- Learn 30 signs of Auslan
- Visit a museum or gallery I’ve never been to before – The Museum of Love, Sydney
- Build a sandcastle
- Go to the outdoor cinema
- Go to a live sport event
- Go on a bushwalk
- Go to a suburb I’ve never been to – Bayview on the Northern Beaches.
- Go to a beach I’ve never been to – Culburra Beach, Birubi Beach, Horseshoe Beach, Sirius Cove, Kurnell Dog Beach
- Take the ferry to Bundeena
- Go to a farmers market
- Explore Sydney with a Sydney Greeter
- Go on a ghost tour
- Play crazy golf
- Do a puzzle – multiple times!
- Have a pyjama day – there have been plenty of those in lockdown!
- Finish a colouring book (3rd time lucky)
- Play a game of Star Wars Monopoly
- Write a new list of 101 Things to Do in 1001 Days!
I can’t cross 101 off just yet but I’m on it! Brace yourself for 101 Things in 1001 Days V4 – with a British twist…
Would you be able to tick any of these things off? What would be on your list of 101 things in 1001 days?